With the current level of awareness and sophistication in the retail market these days, consumers are demanding a better beef product – and they should! With Painted Hills Natural Beef, you never have to wonder where your beef is coming from. Our cattle are born, raised and processed here in the Northwest corner of the U.S. of A. This is beef you can be SURE about:
S: Safety Standards
- Painted Hills Natural Beef animals are raised without the use of added growth hormones and absolutely no antibiotics.
- During finishing, Painted Hills Natural Beef cattle are held in proprietary pens and never mixed with other populations.
- Painted Hills cattle are young animals. No animals over the age of 30 months is processed in our program.
- Our cattle are healthy animals. Each animal is checked by a Doctor of Veterinary medicine before processing, and no nonambulatory or “downer” animals are ever processed.
U: Universal Vegetarian Diet
- NO ANIMAL BY-PRODUCTS OF ANY KIND ARE EVER FED TO OUR ANIMALS. This means no bone meal, no rendered fats, no gelatin, NOTHING WHATSOEVER that is from another animal is used in what we feed our cattle.
- Painted Hills Natural Beef cattle are fed a 100% Universal Vegetarian Diet. They graze freely in Northwest pastures for most of their lives. After 14 months, they are transferred to a spacious feeding facility. There, they are finished on a diet of corn, alfalfa and other available healthy food sources before processing.
R: Record Keeping
- Every Painted Hills animal is tracked from birth and backed by a producer affidavit. Every rancher in our program knows where each animal came from and follows our strict company protocols.
- Painted Hills Natural Beef cattle are primarily angus or angus-cross.
- Unlike other programs, Painted Hills Natural Beef maintains ownership of each animal throughout processing.
- Painted Hills Natural Beef is Country of Origin Labeling compliant.
E: Excellence in Processing
- We are pleased to utilize Tyson/IBP as our processor. Our main plant of operation is located in Wallula, Washington. Tyson/IBP holds some of the industry’s strictest production standards.
- Prior to processing, our beef is inspected by a certified USDA inspector.
- Painted Hills Natural Beef does not use mechanical removal as a process to remove spinal material from our carcasses.
- Our animals are processed at the very beginning of the day and all at once – ensuring that our product is completely separate from all other beef products and programs. All machinery is cleaned and sterilized prior to processing of our beef.
- Only Painted Hills Natural Beef is in Painted Hills Natural Beef Products. Our value-added products contain only muscle cuts and trim from muscle cuts coming from certified PHNB cattle.
For years, Painted Hills Natural Beef has been stressing safety as a key component of what we offer in the beef we raise, brand and serve. If you could raise cattle from birth, let them feed on grass then feed it locally-grown alfalfa hay, corn, and other available food sources for a few finishing months and NO animal feed of any kind, you would be fully confident in your beef! Painted Hills just does that for you – in our own spacious 10,000 acre back yard.